Dr Ramsey Jabbour is Specialist Occupational Physician & Fellow in Pain Medicine.
He completed his medical degree in 2001, from University College London, in the United Kingdom.
He subsequently trained as a General Practitioner gaining a distinction in his UK College Membership exams. He subsequently worked in the City of London gaining experience in occupational health, injury management and musculoskeletal injuries.
In 2008, he emigrated to Australia, where among other roles he worked for over 5 years as a Senior Medical Officer at two large LNG construction sites, both in an onshore and offshore environment.
During this time, he completed his training as an Occupational Physician, gaining the Deane Southgate Award for the Fellow graduating, with the highest aggregate mark for the written and practical examinations.
Dr Jabbour sees all types of chronic pain and work injuries. His key interests are management of patients with chronic pain, musculoskeletal injuries, CRPS, back and neck pain, as well as, overuse injuries.
He listens to patients’ concerns, actively encouraging their participation in future management decisions and is able to advise on the best options for medication management, as well as, promoting a ‘whole’ patient approach to treatment.
Dr Jabbour is also able to provide a full range of interventional pain procedures to aid with accurate diagnosis of a condition, as well as, provide various evidence based interventional procedures.
Dr Jabbour consults privately at:
- Montserrat Day Hospital- North Lakes
- RiverCity Private Hospital- Auchenflower
- Mater Hospital- Rockhampton
- BSc (Hons) Psychology,
- Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery,
- Masters in Occupational Medicine,
- Masters in Sports Medicine,
- Member of the Royal College of General Practitioners (UK),
- Fellow of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners,
- Fellow of the Australasian Faculty of Occupational and Environmental Medicine.
- Certified Independent Medical Examiner (ABIME) AMA 4, 5 and 6 Guides
- Master Certified Independent Medical Examiner (ABIME)