Dr Ramsey Jabbour specialises in chronic pain incorporating both an interventional and medical approach to pain management, with the aim of minimising the effects of pain, reducing pharmacological therapy and improving patients’ quality of life.
Dr Jabbour is a dual qualified Specialist Pain Medicine Physician and a Specialist Occupational Physician. He completed his medical degree in 2001, from University College London, in the United Kingdom. He successively trained as a General Practitioner gaining a Distinction in his UK College Membership exams. Following this, he worked in the City of London, gaining experience in occupational health, injury management and musculoskeletal injuries.
In 2008, he emigrated to Australia, where among other roles, he worked for over five years as a Senior Medical Officer at two large LNG construction sites, both in an onshore and offshore environment. During this time, he completed his training as an Occupational Physician, gaining the Deane Southgate Award for the Fellow graduating, with the highest aggregate mark for the written and practical examinations.
Subsequently, he undertook further training in Pain Medicine and gained the Merit Award in the Pain Medicine fellowship examinations (FFPMANZCA).
Dr Jabbour’s key interests are the management of spinal pain, persistent post-surgical pain, neuropathic
pain, CRPS and musculoskeletal overuse injuries.
Dr Jabbour is able to provide a full range of interventional pain procedures to aid with accurate diagnosis of a condition, as well as provide minimally invasive neuromodulation techniques, including spinal cord stimulators, to aid with control of pain.
Dr Jabbour consults privately at:
- RiverCity Private Hospital- Auchenflower,
- St Vincent’s Private Hospital Northside- Chermside,
- Montserrat Day Hospital- North Lakes,
- Mater Hospital and Mackay Private Hospital- Mackay
- Mater Hospital- Rockhampton.
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
- Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery
- Masters in Occupational Medicine
- Masters in Sports Medicine
- Member of the Royal College of General Practitioners (UK)
- Fellow of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
- Fellow of the Australasian Faculty of Occupational and Environmental Medicine
- Fellow of the Faculty of Pain Medicine, Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists
Certified Independent Medical Examiner (ABIME) AMA 4, 5 and 6 Guides Master Certified Independent Medical Examiner (ABIME)